Before you come for your appointment, please check your temperature, and consider if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, including:
COVID-19 Screen Questions:
- Do you have a new or persistent cough?
- High temperature/fever (above 37.8ºc)?
- Loss of taste or smell?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms?
- Have you been asked to self-isolate or shield?
- Have you travelled in the last 14 days to a region with high rates of COVID-19?
- Are there any medical issues you need to inform me of?
If yes to any of the above, please postpone or cancel your appointment.
If you are considered a high-risk client, it may not be possible to massage you at this time but feel free to discuss this with me. You may need to consult with your GP prior to treatment.
- Anyone currently receiving treatment for cancer, suffering lung conditions or is post-operative
- Experiencing post Covid-19 circulatory complications (deep vein thrombosis, micro-embolisms, stroke symptoms or pulmonary embolism)
- Aged 70 years or above
- Heart & respiratory conditions
- Suppressed immune systems
- BMI over 39
If you are shielding vulnerable family members, front-line NHS staff, a carer or have been in contact with anyone suffering from Covid-19, please inform me so I am aware of your status and can accommodate your needs as you are a higher risk.
If you are a first-time client, your initial consultation will take place via telephone, rather than during your appointment. If you are an existing client there will be a short update consultation, via telephone, prior to your appointment to discuss your needs and any Covid-19 issues.
Before your appointment:
You will receive an email and attached will be two forms:
- A Covid-19 Screening & Consent Form – please complete this and bring it with you to your appointment. If you have already completed this form prior to a previous appointment you do not need to complete another form, instead you will be asked at your next appointment if there have been any changes to the information you provided previously and you’ll be asked to sign a declaration.
- A Therapist Covid-19 Declaration from myself for your information; I will also carry out my own daily temperature checks prior to starting work and during the day.
On the day:
- You can park on the driveway and I’ll come to greet you outside (please remain in your car or outside and I will collect you at your appointment time, please only bring a chaperone or legal guardian if necessary).
- Please bring your own pen and water if needed, as I can no longer supply this.
- If you have a face mask, please wear this but if you don’t, I will supply you with one to wear throughout your treatment; it would also be helpful if you wear clothing which is easy to remove and avoid wearing jewellery.
- Upon arrival, you will be required to remove your shoes outside of the treatment room, sterilise your hands and enter the practice room without touching anything.
The Treatment Room:
- Soft furnishings in the practice room will be covered with couch roll and all unnecessary soft furnishings and bric-a-brac will have been removed.
- The treatment room will have been thoroughly disinfected and all linen and face cradles replaced for each client. I will be wearing personal protective equipment which includes a mask, visor, apron, and gloves. Do not be concerned about the use of gloves, it will not affect your treatment. (This information may change as the situation regarding use of PPE is fluid).
- There will be a container in which to put your clothes when you undress.
- The massage will continue as usual, although unnecessary chatting should be avoided to prevent droplet formation.
- When the massage is over, please leave all the linens, untouched on the couch and try not to touch anything as you leave.
- Please keep your mask on until you exit the premises.
- Payment can be made by card; however, if you need to pay with cash, please bring the correct money and place it in the supplied envelope.
Test and Trace:
- The NHS COVID-19 Test and Trace app launches on 24 September 2020 – from this date, if you choose to, you’ll be able to scan the QR Code I will have in the practice into your smart ‘phone. You can download the NHS Covid-19 App to scan the QR code – this can be done via Apple App Store or you can get it on Google Play.
Please arrive on time for your appointment (not too early and not too late), due to the extra time needed to enable disinfection of the practice space, therapy table, equipment, and facilities in between client appointments.